HESLINGTON SPORTSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to provide equal opportunities to all those who use the Sportsfield, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status or social class. The Committee opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All volunteers and participators in activities on the Sportsfield will be treated fairly and equally. As a condition of hire of the Sportsfield, the Sports clubs and their members will undertake to adhere to the relevant requirements of the relevant parent body (e.g. Football Association) and fulfil their legal obligations and responsibilities under Equal Opportunities legislation.
• Every user is entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
• The commitment to equal opportunities in the Pavilion and Sportsfield is good management practice.
• Breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
• This policy is fully supported by all committee members and Trustees.
• The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
The Law. This policy will be implemented within the framework of the relevant legislation, which includes:
• Equal Pay Act 1970
• Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
• Sex Discrimination Act 1975
• Gender Reassignment Regulations 1999
• Race relations (Amendment) Act 2000
• Disability Discrimination Act 1995
• The Protection from Harassment Act 1997
This policy was adopted by HSMC on 10/05/2018