The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all children (ie all persons under the age of 18) participating in organised sport on the Heslington Sportsfield have a safe and positive experience irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status or social class.
The Committee will ensure that all clubs or other persons hiring pitches or making other organised use of any part of the Sportsfield:
Have in place their own adopted safeguarding policy under which they and their members undertake to adhere to the relevant requirements of the relevant parent body (e.g. Football Association, ECB and Sport England) and fulfil their legal obligations and responsibilities.
Undertake to ensure that all volunteers and participators in activities on the Sportsfield will be treated fairly and equally.
Undertake to ensure that all persons who are involved in events on the Sportsfield including staff, officials, volunteers, team managers, coaches and others have a responsibility for safeguarding children and understand how the relevant Safeguarding Policy applies to them.
Have an appointed welfare officer as the main point of contact for children, parents, volunteers and staff with contact details available to all concerned.
• All children participating in sporting activities (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have the right to have fun and be protected from harm in a safe environment.
• The commitment to a Safeguarding Policy in the Pavilion and Sportsfield is good management practice.
• Breaches of our Safeguarding Policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
• This policy is fully supported by all committee members and Trustees.
• The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
This policy was adopted by HSMC on 6th September 2018.